Research and Policy Analysis Department Mandate
Provide evidence-based research, policy and regulatory analysis to advise on measures to enhance national productivity and global competitiveness.
- Undertake evidenced-based research and maintain a comprehensive national macroeconomic statistical database for use in the analysis of competitiveness across all sectors of the economy
- Analyse the macroeconomic environment and provide policy advice and appropriate recommendations to enhance national productivity and competitiveness
- Produce a benchmarked annual national report on competitiveness called the Zimbabwe Competitiveness Report;
- Provide analysis on the policy and cost implications of the proposed new or old legislation with a view to make improvements or have repealed/ not enacted through the Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA);
- Carry out analysis of existing policies, processes, products and services; propose and where applicable recommend improvements in line with operational standards, legislation or organisational requirements;
- Produce Quarterly Competitiveness Bulletins;
- Produce and maintain a database on business regulations impacting on competitiveness
- Represent the Commission effectively on inter-agency working policy groups and form sound working relations.