- September 12, 2023
- Posted by: admin_IT
The National Competitiveness Commission [NCC] is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament [Chapter 14:36], and falls under the purview of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MoIC). The Commission is mandated to facilitate the creation of a competitive environment for Zimbabwean businesses through the development, coordination, and implementation of key policy improvements required for domestic, regional, and global competitiveness. The Commission seeks to consider suitably qualified candidates for the following ‘Permanent Contract’ positions to be based in Harare offices.
The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing all financial accounting, financial management, and liaising with the auditors for a results-oriented organization that is focused on creating a competitive environment for doing business in Zimbabwe.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares Financial Statements and is responsible for requesting revenue from the treasury.
• Responsible for the NCC’s Budget Preparation and Consolidation.
• Monitoring budget performance.
• Responsible for the preparation of Semi and Annual Statutory returns and other financial reports.
• Facilitates and responds to Audit and Audit queries.
• Supervise maintenance of the Non-Current and Current Asset Ledgers of the Commission.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly budget execution reports and submits them to the Board.
• Prepare periodic fund requests in line with the Public Finance Act.
• Resolving accounting discrepancies and providing advice on financial management issues.
• Ensure the existence of strong Internal Controls in fund allocation, budgetary commitments, authorizations and payments.
• Liaise with the External Audit and internal auditors (focal person).
• Responsible for preparing and sending ZIMRA monthly returns.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
• A relevant degree in accounting.
• Possession of a Masters’ degree in the related field or a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CA, and registration with PAAB will be an added advantage.
• Computer literacy – proficient with accounting software packages (SAGE Pastel Accounting Software), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint among other packages.
• Familiarity with the Government Accounting Systems and reporting requirements such as IPSAS is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict, ethical management skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, and financial analysis.
• A self-starter, adaptive, and able to design the accounting system and policy.
• A team player, able to work under pressure and to take minutes.
• At Least five (5) years’ experience in similar position.
Interested candidates should send their applications, resumes, and certified copies of academic and professional can fill the form below.
Applications should be received not later than 29 September 2023. FEMALE & PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and remuneration and benefits will be communicated to ONLY successful candidates.